My name is Jimm Fox and I’ve been working in the “Holy Trinity” of the marketing video industry for more than 25 years.
I worked client-side at two Fortune 500 companies in Toronto, Paris and Ottawa. Agency-side, I partnered with designer Bob Coady to co-found Shoreline Communications, which was later acquired by Arlene Dickinson, Canada’s highest-profile, female entrepreneur.
Since 2008, starting the day the financial crisis hit, I’ve been working on the production-side, creating marketing videos for business clients. (October 1, 2008 wasn’t the best time to start a new venture…)
It’s this work that inspired gydes.com, which was created to help businesses of any size understand what it takes to make great videos. At gydes.com, we’ll showcase the best marketing videos from around the world and provide information and tools to help businesses engage their audience through video.
We’ll be inviting successful brands and production companies to share what they think and how they work.
We also offer coaching and consulting services to help companies:
- Start video projects… the right way.
- Develop storyboards and scripts for marketing videos
- Localize videos for new markets
Marketing video. Business results.
Simply put, that’s really what gydes.com is all about. It exists to help businesses of all sizes understand what it takes to create marketing videos that drive business results.
Marketing has become more about informing and helping your audience than selling to them. Genuinely connecting is more important than being convincing. Having a credible, authentic voice is what really matters.
That’s because we’re getting more adept at scanning and filtering; we unconsciously multi-task and our attention spans are getting shorter by the day. How an audience consumes media is changing quickly and dramatically. Video is at the centre of all of these changes.
Here’s What We’re Going To Do:
- Showcase the best business videos, in different categories, from around the world.
- Invite experts from different aspects of the industry to voice their opinions on what works, what doesn’t and why.
- Ask brands to share their marketing and video knowledge, and their experience from inside their industries—both the successes and failures.
- Research, ask questions and test assumptions.
Then we’ll share what we learn.
Want to join us?
Looking forward to hearing from you.